Strength Through Wellness

Finding Strength Through Wellness

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Thank you


There have been some pretty significant changes in our household that have been in the works for a few months, but everything has finally come together for us. The biggest change for us has been Jared's transition to a new Police Department. I'm incredibly happy for him and feel blessed that this opportunity has actually come together.  Please keep him in your prayers, as this will be a challenging next few months for him (and for me!!).


Jared on his first day of patrol- participating in a 9/11 tribute.
I do want to say thank you to our families and friends who have shown their support to him, whether it was in person, through a text, or simply "liking" some of the updates we put on Facebook. :) It's great to see such a show of support and so many words of encouragement. There's so much negativity that constantly surrounds a Police Officer's career and it's really difficult and frustrating to hear about it in the media or by opinionated strangers. We are so grateful and proud to be surrounded by positive, supportive and encouraging people.

On my end, life has become pretty crazy...this is what's going on: I'm still in school- about half way done with my Masters degree. I get in my own training and help coach at Crossfit in the mornings, I'm still working at my wellness job during the day, coaching water polo at night and I recently started coaching club water polo a couple times a week at night as well. Early mornings and late nights. Did I mention that I've gone a little crazy?

I have plenty of friends, clients and family members who question my sanity and the challenges Jared and I have taken on. We all have crazy schedules and varied responsibilities, yet, it's important to have a reason of why you do it. I still find joy in everything I do, even if that joy is hard to feel at times. When I lose the joy of coaching or working with my clients, I'll know it's time to move on. When I'm no longer able to enjoy "me" time in the gym, or have time to spend with Jared, I'll know it's time to cut something out. Until then, Jared and I have decided to work as a team, to support each other's individual goals, as well as work on bettering our relationship, which can be really easy to neglect when we both have so much going on in our individual lives.

I just wanted to give an update and say thank you for all the support!




No comments:

Post a Comment