Strength Through Wellness

Finding Strength Through Wellness

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Maintaining the Fire


As a Wellness Coordinator and Coach, it is literally my job to provide words of encouragement, give pep talks, provide inspirational stories, and provide intimate, embarrassing details of my own journey toward optimal health. Sometimes my words resonate, other times, my words are forgotten or neglected. I repeat myself multiple times, hoping that maybe, just maybe, something will resonate. I can only hope that a spark will be ignited to initiate change. It is my job to provide that spark in the beginning. It is my job to help maintain the fire when it starts to burn out, but I cannot be the one to keep it burning. It is my job to provide another spark when the fire dies. But what does it take to maintain the fire? Well, that comes from you.

It takes confidence, even when you aren’t at your best. It comes from positive mantras and self-talks. It comes from genuinely accepting complements…Period. It comes from hard work, hard choices and from the people you surround yourself with. You keep the fire burning with integrity. You lead by example, you inspire, and you never criticize yourself. When others try and bring you down, be the stronger person; empower them with your actions, not words. Accept help, accept truth. Do NOT become obsessed; balance and enjoy with all your heart. Be your own advocate with a pro-active attitude and get your priorities straight. Stay true to yourself and never let your values be compromised.
True beauty, integrity and strength will always be tested and questioned. Maintain your fire, fight the good fight, find yourself and never forget where you started.

3 comments:

  1. You honestly keep me going when I can't keep myself going. Your dedication inspires me and it's so important to trust that your words are getting to the places they are most needed. For everyone out there who is inspired by someone in their life, take a second out of your day to thank them, and let them know they are appreciated before it's too late. Love you Bri.

    -Ally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brianna,
    Having read this blog, your words reminded me of a few things. One, when you talk about "maintaining your fire"...made me think of this scripture from Romans 5:3 - (....because we know that suffering produces perseverance, perseverance, character, and character, hope). Perseverance is what I told you have always had from a very early age...and the proof is the character it built in you! Perseverance brings about the character and hope we need to work on a our goals and sometimes just to get through a day.

    Secondly, when you said "fight the good fight" it made me think of this scripture 2 Timothy 4:7 - (I have fought a good fight. I have finished my course, I have kept the faith.)

    So I guess your words have "resonated" for me tonight! Thanks for helping to keep your mama in shape in more ways than one. Love you!

    ReplyDelete