Strength Through Wellness

Finding Strength Through Wellness

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Just.Say.No

There is a power that comes with saying "No."
"No" is liberating, definite and courageous.

This goes beyond just saying no to a cookie, french fries, a cigarette, a man, or another drink at the bar. It goes beyond just standing up for yourself and goes beyond self-control. Saying "no" takes careful consideration. It requires the weighing of options, people, repercussions, and all feelings and emotions involved. Saying "no" allows you to break free from that in which brings you down. It allows you to stop tolerating and accepting less than what you deserve. Saying "No" empowers you to make the decision to do what is right for you, in every circumstance.
Saying "no" is an endearing leap of faith. It's a pre-meditated decision. It's a step in the appropriate direction. It's a conscious decision that allows betterment. Say "no" to the man that doesn't treat you right, the tempting food that leads to a downward spiral, the warm blankets that are more appealing than your alarm clock, the half-ass workout routine, the people who bring you down, the negative thoughts that circulate in your mind, and the excuses and obstacles you and those around you create. Saying “no” is a choice; a strong, definite, aware, courageous, and controlled choice.

1 comment:

  1. Bri-

    I like this blog so much because when a person has the courage to say NO counts a lot. That's when you know you have realized what a healthy choice is. It may be a decision that a lot of people around you won't respect. What matters is how the person feels. The people may say you’re crazy for not having a bite of a CAKE, FRENCH FRIES, or a DRINK at a bar “it won’t hurt if you just take one bite or take a sip”. What they don’t know is how much the person has accomplished to get to where they are. I’m very thankful that you’re my trainer the workouts you give me & the class may sound insane but when I’m done. I could finally say I did it!!!!  I have never pushed myself to be healthy or go to the gym to workout. Never knew what that was now if anyone tells me to take a bite or sip of anything. I could just say NO because the 1st thing is it healthy for me. 2nd How long will it take me for me to work this out 3rd Do I want to go back to where I was before the FAT GIRL trying to hide behind a friend when a picture was being taken or go look for clothes in the PLUS SIZE stores. That’s why I have decide to make a healthy choice and just say NO to what is not good for me or my body. Thanks for everything –Amber- 

    ReplyDelete