Strength Through Wellness

Finding Strength Through Wellness

Monday, July 25, 2011

Monday: Post Weekend Depression

First, thank you to everyone for chiming in on my previous post. Keep spreading the good word, people.

This past weekend was my 1 year anniversary. Holy moly. I seriously don't know where this past year has gone. So today, I'm in what I like to call my post-weekend-get-away-Monday-depression. Yep. It always happens to me. I get depressed after fun weekends or vacations (I swear, I can't control it, and Jared calls me out on it every time) because I start thinking about everything I have to do come Monday for the rest of the week. Dammit! All this fun, and then back to reality. SO depressing. Can you relate?

Well, just in case you were wondering, I still have the intention of living sugar free for a month. Well, intention is never good enough, especially on your anniversary weekend. Let me put it this way, I may or may not have tripped and fell face first into ice cream, wedding cake, and wine this weekend. Not all at the same time, but shiiiit, we were celebrating and enjoying precious time together. Seriously, it's a rare occurrence for us to each have a free weekend. Don't judge.

I think part of being a healthy person is living fully and enjoying precious moments. I enjoyed the hell out of my wedding cake that I was too drunk to eat at my wedding a year ago. It was AMAZING. I wasn't about to let food dictate my weekend. I ate well, indulged when I wanted, and genuinely enjoyed the food, wine, and time spent with my husband. I will hold this memory close to my heart because I know how fortunate we were to actually have that time away.

Anyway, back on the sugar-free bandwagon. Maybe I'll extend it an extra few days? Yes. I think I will.

I don't have anything super brilliant to say today, yes, pretend you are disappointed. So, despite my Monday depression, I do want to say that I am so absolutely grateful for 367 days of marriage to Jared. He's awesome and deals with so much of my shit, it's not even funny. He's been a constant friend, workout buddy, chef, maid, handyman, counselor and supporter of all things. A lot changes when you get married: relationships with friends and family, habits, responsibility level, etc.  It's a pretty vulnerable, crazy and scary transformation to undergo, but I'm proud of what we have been able to accomplish together. It's nice to go through life knowing without and doubt, that you aren't alone; that someone has your back no matter what. He's my teammate for life. Shut up.
Anyway, hard work, sacrifice and unconditional love always wins. This year has proved that. So Jared, thank you and I looooove you!

No comments:

Post a Comment