Strength Through Wellness

Finding Strength Through Wellness

Monday, August 22, 2011

Wait, why am I doing this again?

You may be wondering, "why the heck are you writing a blog, Brianna? Shouldn't you be worried about your first day of school? Shouldn't you be busy writing papers and doing your homework assignments that were posted at 10am?" Leave me alone, mom!!

Don't worry, I'm a pretty good student. I'm just having technical difficulties right now, so I have to wait on some IT guy to fix all my life problems. Ugh, the first day of school always starts with some kinda problem. Shouldn't I have known?

Here's some background on my education. As in, background on what happens to me every first day of school. I cry. I get freaked out, overwhelmed and have an anxiety attack. Totally normal, right? It's kinda funny, but not til' after the fact. Like, in 2 years, I'll laugh, because I'll never have to start school ever again. So far, no tears.  I'm trying to keep calm and not worry about the fact that my little online portal doesn't even list the class I'm supposed to be taking. No big deal.

You know what else adds to my already heightened emotion and sensitivity today? Jared starts night shift for the next few months. Back to being a single lady...practically. I know it could be WAY worse, but still. I'm allowed to whine...it's my blog, dammit.
At least Gunner (my 5 month old Boxer) didn't swallow my underwear today.

So, why am I doing this again? I need to write this down, for my own good. Keeping these justifications in my head just isn't good enough.
I'm doing it because:
Well, basically, I just want to be better. Better than I currently am, better in my careers, better than others in my career, better at communicating and influencing those that I work so closely with.

I've been playing around with the idea of going back to school for 3 years now. I knew I wanted to, but I just didn't have that gut feeling of being completely comfortable with the decision. I thought about getting an MS in Exercise Phys, Public Health, Kines, etc. Nothing felt right, so I waited until I felt it was right. 3 years, 4 different jobs in the fitness/wellness industry, 2 great careers, 2 moves, 1 marriage, 1 house and 3 pets later, I think I found the right program; MA in Coaching and Athletic Administration.

This goes beyond just coaching water polo. My goal is to become a better educator, communicator, motivator, leader and mentor...aka, a better coach. I'll be able to apply this to what I do every single day for the rest of my life. So why not acquire as much knowledge as possible? I have to believe that this is completely worth while, even if that means writing a blog to confirm it. :)
Thank you to everyone who has shown support. I truly appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment