Strength Through Wellness

Finding Strength Through Wellness

Monday, October 3, 2011

Today's Alliteration: Mondays Make Me Mad

Mondays make me mad. What's even worse than the reality check of Monday? The reality check of waking up with a hangover...from poor decision making on Saturday night. That's right, welcoming the 2 day hangover. I should have known...I woke up yesterday still  intoxicated, made the 5 hour drive home from Vegas unable to drink or eat anything because the thought of swallowing any liquid made me want to vomit.

Oh wait,  this is a health and fitness blog? Oops.

Tequila Goggles. Holla.
I'll admit that I have engaged in activities that are out of my norm for the past couple weeks. I blame it on living with my sister, finally getting a mini vacation and my mid[20's]life crisis. Maybe. OR, I just wanted to have a little/too much fun. But, I mostly blame these tequila goggles (as I called them Saturday night) for the demise of my dignity. Don't judge me.

I'm not going to say that I'm never drinking again. Cuz I will...cuz sometimes, usually, it provides a good time with friends. BUT, the repercussions of drinking are not fun. I'm not just talking hangover. I just feel crappy. I don't feel healthy and strong. Ok, fine, maybe that's just the hangover talking. But seriously, it's not who I am. I'm cleaning shit up. I leave for Aussie land on Dec 1st and I want to look and feel good. I have 2 months to get to optimal health. It's time to finish the year up right!

It's fun to go out with friends, it's fun to treat yourself in ways that aren't always the healthiest or smartest (too many cookies, too many beers, too much money spent, etc). It's nice to do this every once in a while...not 3 weekends in a row. Oops. This can't be a lifestyle, it has to be an occasional thing; the fun is just too short lived. The fun will eventually backfire. I'm all for living in the moment and enjoying yourself, but my choices have not been in line with my goals, or in conjunction with my priorities. I promote healthy living, and I refuse to be a total hypocrite. I'm obviously way far from perfect, as I hope this blog depicts.

So I'm giving myself today to recover cuz apparently yesterday was not close to good enough. No working out, super clean light food and an early bedtime. Sometimes you have to give yourself a reality check and admit when you've been out of line with your goals. Guilty. What I have been eating/drinking/doing on the weekends will not assist me in being as healthy as I would like. I'm not totally on lock down, but I've had my fun, so now it's time to take a break and get a little more serious. Are your actions in line with your goals and priorities? Check yourself and join me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment