Strength Through Wellness

Finding Strength Through Wellness

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Back To The Basics

I very rarely get sick, like mayyybe a cold a couple times a year. I usually take pride in my stellar immune system because half my year is spent standing on a pool deck into the evening hours, often times getting rained on, surrounded by a bunch of germy college girls. This was the kind of sickness that had me knocked on my ass in bed, unable to eat, swallow, move, speak, think etc. I've never experienced sick to this degree. I felt like I got hit by a bus. Oh and p.s...happy freakin' 25th (yikes) birthday to me.

Recovering from my sickness, combined with the completion of my water polo season means that for the next few months, I have a little more time to be "normal." Days off? YES! Crazy concept. As of today, and for the first time in over a week, I was able to get up, get in a workout, eat my regular breakfast and head to work. I am back in my normal routine, and thank God. Missing work, coaching in a championship tournament, being sick, unable to workout and move in general has really messed me up. I feel weak and frumpy. My feelings of strong and confident are in the gutter right now. So, today marks my first day of back on the healthy wagon. I'm excited to dedicate some time to taking care of ME.. my goals, my health, my family and my friends that have been semi-neglected for the past 6 months.

I love a fresh start; it's refreshing and it provides the opportunity to go back to the basics in all aspects of life! As always, this blog will hold me accountable. :)

The weather is beautiful, and summer is right around the corner! I encourage you to go back to the basics of your nutrition, exercise and your overall wellness routine. Re-examine what you have been doing lately and decide if you are in need of a fresh start!

Lastly, I want to start featuring different success stories on my blog. I have a few people lined up who are going to write a guest blog post sharing their experience. If you are interested in sharing your journey or success story with me and my readers, please e-mail me! Briannabattles@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment