Strength Through Wellness

Finding Strength Through Wellness

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Updates and some Birthday tributes

Hellooooo!

It's time for an update, because I know you are all so interested in what's happening in my super exciting life. Brace yourself.

I'm a real Crossfitter now, bitches.
Well, last Monday was Halloween. I didn't eat any candy. I'm on a mission to look and feel really good for Aussie land, remember? Instead, I woke up at 6am, went to Crossfit and dressed up as a cliche Crossfit girl!

It's week 2 of the eating clean challenge and I'm feeling good. There are a few people who are doing it with me, so it helps to have people to stay accountable to....especially when, for example, your sister brings home delicious treats from mom's house and you have to watch your husband and sister devour them in front of you. Ass holes. Overall, I feel good, I'm working out most days of the week and I'm sleeping really well. This whole day light savings thing makes me want to go to bed at 8pm, kinda depressing. However, it's nice to wake up to a little bit of sunlight.

As some of you know, I started my Masters Degree at the end of August. I finished my first class with an 'A' this past week. YAY! It's amazing how easy it is to be in school when you're learning about something you genuinely care about and are interested in. I'm glad I waited until I knew exactly where my passion was before I jumped into a program right out of college. It's never too late, people!

Ok, lastly, I'd like to give a shout out to 3 very important people in my life: Jared, my husband, Ally my best friend from college, and Kelly, my best friend from high school.  Jared was born the 9th, Ally the 10th and Kelly the 11th. Coincidence? I think not! I do love my crazy little Scorpios. Each year during their birthday week, I'm reminded of how blessed I am to have them my life, for so many different reasons. They've seen me at my worst and have continued to love me anyway.
Jared- my teammate for life that I'm thankful for each day.
Ally- my Dr. Christina Yang...enough said.
Kelly- the friend who has seen me through all of it...from braces, bad make up and boys to down the aisle with the right boy.

I love each of them so much. Happy Birthday, my little Scorpios!


Jared and I celebrating our 1 year anniversary. 
Ally and I on my wedding day.
Kelly and I freezing in Washington DC.











No comments:

Post a Comment