Strength Through Wellness

Finding Strength Through Wellness

Monday, October 24, 2011

Pre-Aussie Land Challenge

I'm leaving for Australia in 5 weeks!! December 1st! YAYYYYY!!!
Although it's October, and we're headed into sweatshirt weather in California, it's gonna be Summatimeeeee in Aussieland! Isn't that wonderful? It's wonderful except for the fact that my stomach hasn't really seen the sun lately, and December isn't really bikini bod time. So, I need to reverse my seasons.. I may be going to Australia as a pasty white girl, but I refuse to be a jiggily white girl. I want to look good in a bikini come December 1st. So, to make this a real deal, I'm once again, going to use this blog, and whoever actually reads this, as my accountability factor. There's a group of people at my wellness job that have jumped on this band wagon with me for the next month or so. Care to join? Here's the plan. Don't eat like shit. AND move your ass every day. Sounds easy right? Well, more specifically, I'll be doing 30ish days of eating really damn well, paleo style. You don't have to do the same, obviously. If you are vegetarian or vegan, stick to less processed, refined carbs like breads, pastas and crackers and eat fruits, veggies and protein in the form of legumes, etc. Anyone can clean up their diet, and can do it consistently for 30 days. ANYONE. You know what to do, it's just actually doing it that's the hard part. So that's why we have each other. JOIN!

So for 30 days, officially starting on October 31st, (however, I'm getting a bit of a jump start by cleaning things up this week), we begin our 30 day challenge. Take before pictures. You don't have to share them with anyone, but for me, going public, aka this blog, with my goals really helps me stick to them. Pictures are a great reference tool. Do not weigh yourself. I repeat, do NOT weigh yourself. Measure your success by how your jeans fit, by your physical performance (if your mile time improves, if you're able to lift heavier weight, etc). Well, here we go, here is my before picture. Not bad, but I want to FEEL and BE as healthy as possible...cuz when I'm in Aussie land, you can bet your ass I'll be eating dessert whenever I'm not submerged underwater exploring the beauty of the Great Barrier Reef, bitches.

2 comments:

  1. if my before picture looked like yours, i'd be like "alright. done and done. where's the cake?"

    BUTTTTTTttttt, you've inspired me, i'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! :) Keep me posted! If you would like, send me an e-mail! briannabattles@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete